Michelle Anchors is one of the Emerald Coast’s preeminent attorneys. A graduate of Vanderbilt University (B.A. 1987) and the University of Florida College of Law (J.D. 1991), Michelle provides counsel to many businesses, condominiums, and homeowners associations throughout Northwest Florida. Michelle is also certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a Circuit Court Mediator and as a Qualified Arbitrator. She has received the highest rating offered by her professional peers in the Martindale-Hubbell peer review system and has been honored as one of Florida’s ”Legal Elite” by Florida Trend magazine.
Michelle’s depth of government and administrative knowledge allow her to match the needs of her private sector clients with the most efficient and effective solutions. After graduating from law school, Michelle served as a law clerk to Justice Parker Lee McDonald of the Florida Supreme Court. She subsequently served as Deputy General Counsel to former Governor Lawton Chiles and was a member of his staff when he served in the United States Senate. Michelle served as Chair of the Florida Commission on Ethics in 2017-18.
Michelle and her family have been leaders in the Fort Walton Beach and Destin communities for generations. In addition to serving as pro bono counsel to a number of local non-profit organizations, Michelle is personally and actively involved with a number of organizations and issues. Former Governor Jeb Bush and former Governor Charlie Crist appointed Michelle to chair the Committee for a Sustainable Emerald Coast. Michelle was named “Best Corporate Citizen” by Emerald Coast Magazine, and she was honored to serve as one of the founding members and first President of IMPACT 100 of Northwest Florida, which raises and provides significant grant funding for deserving local non-profit organizations. Michelle has served as President of the Greater Fort Walton Chamber of Commerce, chair of the Okaloosa County School Readiness Coalition and on the boards of directors for the University of West Florida Foundation and the Fort Walton Beach Medical Center.
Michelle, her husband Steve and their two children are active members of St. Simon’s Episcopal Church. She enjoys long distance open water swimming (recently completing an 8 mile swim off the Keys of Florida), playing the piano, and backpacking with her family.
- Community Association & Condominium Law
- Employment Law
- Real Estate Litigation
- Business and Corporate
- University of Florida, J.D., 1991
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1987
- The Florida Bar
- Northern District of Florida
- Member, Florida Commission on Ethics (2013-2018)
- Honorary Chair, Little Black Dress Party (2014)
- University of West Florida Foundation Board of Directors (2009)
- Chair of the Committee for a Sustainable Emerald Coast (2007)
- President of the Greater Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce (2005)
- Okaloosa Bar Association
- Certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a Circuit Court Mediator
- Inductee, Okaloosa County Women’s Hall of Fame (2015)
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers Okaloosa Chapter “Leaders in the Law” Recipient (2015)
- Florida Commission on the Status of Women Florida Achievement Award (2013)
- Florida Trend “Legal Elite” (2010)
- Emerald Coast’s “Best Corporate Citizen” (2007)
- Florida Children’s Forum Leadership Award (2002)
- Young Lawyers of the Florida Bar Public Service Award (1997)
- Guardian Ad Litem Volunteer Attorney of the Year (1997)